Think Local Austin is a grassroots organization whose mission is to support independently owned businesses in the community, to continue growing a vibrant local economy while preserving the unique character of Lake Travis and to emphasize the critical importance of thinking locally first when considering the impact of national and global chains.
Look for our Love Lake Travis- Think Local posters in windows of locally owned, independent businesses.
Businesses participating in the Think Local Card program will also feature a “Think Local Card Honored Here” decal or “Thank You For Supporting Local” brochures to give out to customers who purchase from you.
Local independent businesses generate 3 times more money back into the local economy and give greater support to a community’s non-profit and civic needs. They are better positioned to respond to the special needs of the community and inherently tied to our community’s future. Additionally they:
1. Grow Lake Travis’s Local Character and Inspire Entrepreneurship
2. Encourage Local Decision-Making
3. Increase Environmental Resiliency while Reducing Costs
4. Focus on Collaboration and Healthy Competition
5. Keep Dollars in Lake Travis’s Local Economy Resulting in More Jobs and Increased Wages
How can you get involved? Just email us at: email@example.com
We are committed to developing a local economy aligned with principles of collaboration and a triple bottom line. Our strength is in numbers and we ask you to help spread the word. Additionally, you can join on to the Think Local Card where profits go back into spreading the word to support our local Lake Travis businesses. Every year we will publish and distribute thousands of the official print directory highlighting our partner businesses. Your business will also get a listing here on our website as well as our mobile apps.
To participate, locally owned businesses must meet these requirements:
- Independent and at least 50% owned in Travis County, Texas with no headquarters outside of TX.
- Privately held and free to make their own business decisions without the need for approval by owners or affiliates outside of the area
- Regionally located and have a limited number of outlets
- Not registered as a franchise or publicly owned corporation.
- An institution or non-profit headquartered in Texas with a location in Travis County wishing to take local procurement and sourcing to the next level
- Reflect the values of Think Local Austin by striving to build the local economy
- Independently registered in Travis County
- Operate with a local board of directors and not be a chapter of nor have any administrative control by a headquarters outside our region.
As a resident, look for our posters in the windows of participating businesses, buy a Think Local Card and enjoy special offers at all of the best local places in Lake Travis & surrounding areas.
By supporting Lake Travis Businesses, you are promoting a dynamic living economy as a way of life.
Send us your questions, comments and ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.